CCAR Recovery Coach Academy for Young Adults : MAY 20-23, 2019*
CCAR's Center for Addiction Recovery Training has developed the Recovery Coach Academy for Young Adults to enhance the skills of those individuals who will be supporting young adults on their recovery journey.
The Learning Objectives for this course include:
- Describe the roles and functions of a recovery coach
- List the fundamental principles of recovery coaching
- Explore different definitions and pathways of recovery
- Build communication skills to enhance relationships
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure & sharing your story
- Understand the role of belief systems and values in the coaching relationship
- Describe the different roles and applications for recovery coaching
- Increase awareness of culture, power & privilege
- Address ethical & boundary issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
**This innovative new training will be delivered as 3 days live in class and 2 days online learning.
Monday, May 20th through Wednesday, May 22nd, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the RE/COACH training facility in downtown New Canaan 06840.
The registration fee is $800 and will include materials and access to the online content.
Completion of the in class and online training awards 30 CEUs.